Ilam/Avonhead, Christchurch, Canterbury
Hi, my name is (Tannie) Petra. I grew up in Rawsonville, a small farming community in the Western Cape of South Africa. Isn’t this just another topic we can learn about: our world around us. Therefore, multi-cultural experiences will be fun as we all learn together.
I hold my Level 3 Certificate in Early Childhood Education as well as a current First Aid Certificate. I have had approximately 8 years of working with children in home-based environment, as well as being a Mum.
My caring philosophy for our ‘adults of tomorrow’ includes (but is not limited to): love, teaching manners and respect, growing caring individuals, having a sense of belonging within their ‘home away from home’ and to foster well-being and discovery through art, music, dance, drama, reading and exploring nature. I believe it is important to give children time to be themselves and be active participants in their own learning and care.
Wade is my husband. He is a Cantab through and through and loves rugby and all things sport. Abi is our 7 year old and goes to Avonhead School. She will be happy to show you around our ‘playroom’. Yes, we have a dedicated room to play, learn, explore, construct and imagine in. Our 2 cats, Gina and Doug, complete our family. Through role modelling and support, children learn to be kind and how to care for them.
I offer before and after school care with the OSCAR program. WINZ Subsidy is also available through Creators.
Please check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/CreatorsatHomewithPetra/
“it is through others that we develop into ourselves”
Courses I have finished
The Open Polytech Certificate in ECE - Level 3
Activities I provide
- After School Care
- Avonhead Playgroup (Wednesdays - during Term), Avonhead
- Community Playgroup -Thursday
- Creators Nature Outings
- Creators Playgroup - Selwyn District
- Creators Termly outings
- Dedicated 'playroom' for art, pretend play, construction, dress ups, etc
- Nature excurtions at Christchurch and Selwyn District parks, the bush and the beach
- Outside play at home, following children's interests
- Play dates with other Educators
- Preperation for School programmes
- Reggio inspired play, exploring, interest
- Regular Library story times
- Regular visits to Willowbank, Museums, etc
- Weekly Community Playgroup (Fridays - during Term), Halswell Library
- Weekly Mainly Music (Tuesdays - during Term), St James Church, Papanui
|Monday||7.30 AM - 5.00 PM||0|
|Tuesday||7.30 AM - 5.00 PM||1|
|Wednesday||7.30 AM - 5.00 PM||0|
|Thursday||7.30 AM - 5.00 PM||0|
|Friday||7.30 AM - 5.00 PM||0|
|Phone||0800 273 286|
|referrals (at) creators.org.nz|