Graphic designer & Resource Co-ordinator
Fixed Term Maternity cover: 12 month contract
About the business and the role:
We are a National Early Childhood Organisation, seeking an experienced Graphic Designer for up to 32 hours per week depending on the candidate. This is a Parental Leave cover contract. This role would suit someone with an outstanding eye for detail, a passion for design and creativity, a knowledge of the design industry including printers and a great relatable personality to work alongside a large family. Join a great team culture and be part of an organisation that is a true not for profit and gives back to its people. In this role it will be key that you are technically savvy. You will have an eye for detail, be organised and creative. You will have great initiative and enjoy creating.
Creators is made of a kind-hearted bunch who care an awful lot about children’s future. Their team in head office support a group of passionate people who encourage children to share their ideas and voices and through their curriculum, they work hand in hand to shape a world that we would all love to live in!
This role will be working in a team that is overseen by our GM based out of our Head Office in Hamilton.
Skills and experience preferred:
- Ability to handle pressures of deadlines with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proof reading skills for clarity, grammar and spelling.
- Marketing and social media knowledge would be an advantage.
- Ability to work autonomously and have the skills to prioritise workload.
- Strong knowledge of pre-press standards, colour management and experience preparing work for print and digital.
- Experience with Mail Chimp and html format emails.
- Coordination and management of resource delegation for our Nationwide team
- Be creative and love bringing new ideas to the table.
- The ability to use a windows-based computer.
- Front end website editing.
- Digital video editing skills would be a bonus.
- 3+ years' design experience.
- A design qualification at diploma or degree level is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in Adobe CC (particularly InDesign).
- Good knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite.
- A can do attitude and a willingness to take direction
- Be agile and adaptable in your workflow while being organised and have great time management.
Why you should apply:
- Great team culture
- Be part of an organisation that is a true not for profit and gives back to its people
- As a company, Creators invests significantly in innovative pedagogy and professional development and have a heart to heart connection with children, whānau and staff.
- Daily opportunities to build the future on respect.
For applications or enquiries, please email email@example.com Att: Kym If applying, please send a CV, covering letter outlining why you think you would be the right fit for the role, along with examples from your portfolio.
Applications close on 16th March 2020